Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Suzuki Violin - a Family Affair/Skrzypce w duchu Suzuki - Rodzinna Przygoda

 


Today I'm posting a picture of my husband playing the violin while holding our tiny son, who is two years old now, because I want to talk about parental involvement in learing to play the violin. When we started I was pregnant with Karol and took a few lessons just enough to play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. It was my husband though who was the one learning more songs and playing them at home. A very good motivator for the girls. As our older daughter started playing more songs things became more competative. Ha ha ha! My husband who is not involved in our violin home lessons, as we call them, would ask me: "What is Elizabeth playing now? Can she play Minuet 1 by Bach?" That's the piece he was working on at the time and he wanted to make sure Elizabeth was not a not ahead of him. Some day she will be. But shhh don't tell him that. Actually he know it. Anyway having Daddy play at home and participate in the lessons as much as he could have been a wonderful thing for the girls.

As for me I haven't memorized as many songs but I have been there to the lessons - private and group. I have been collaborating with the teachers. I have been giving home lessons - making sure we were working on the things the teacher had asked us to do. I have been doing a lot of Suzuki reading and it has been good for my soul. I have been trying to expose us to beautiful music at home. I took the girl to Hill Auditorium to hear world famous violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter in concert. It was a fun outing. I have tried to make the violin home lessons fun. We generally do better when we start our lesson at home with a prayer. I'm trying to say at least 5 positive things before I point out something that needs improvement.

Last year we decided to spent some of our vacation time at Blue Lake Family Suzuki Violin Camp. Oh what fun! We are hoping to do it again this year. I will write about it next time. Stay tuned ...

****************************************************************

Dzisiaj zdjecie mojego meza trzymajacego naszego malutkiego synka i grajacego na skrzypcach. Chce bowiem napisac o nauce gry na srzypcach w duchu Suzuki jako rodzinnej przygodzie. Gdy zaczelismy sie uczuc Karol byl w moim lonie. Ja nauczylam sie tyle, abym mogla pomoc naszym corkom. Moj maz byl tym, ktory uczyl sie wielu piosenek i gral je w domu. Stalo to sie wspaniala motywacja dla dziewczynek. Fdy nasza starsza corka zaczela grac wiecej piosenek, zawrzala troche kompetycja. Moj maz pytal czy nasza corka juz go przgonila. Jak dotad jeszcze nie, ale on wie, ze kiedys to nastapi. Gra Tatusia w domu i uczestnictwo w lekcjach prywatyne na ile to tylko bylo mozliwe to wspaniale skarby dla dziewczynek.

Jezeli chodzi o mnie to ja nie umiem grac tyle piosenek z pamieci. Ja zabieram dzieci na lekcje prywatne i grupowe. Daje im lekcje domowe, tzn. ide sladami naszej nauczycielki. Staram sie duzo czytac o tej pasjonujacej metodzie. Okazuje sie to dobre dla mojej duszy. Staranm sie, aby nasz dom wypelniony byl piekna muzyka. Zabralam dziewczynki na koncert skrzypcowy swiatowej slawy Anne-Sophie Mutter. Byl to wspanialy dla nas czas. Staram sie, aby nasze lekcje domowe byly pelne uroku, zabawy i nauki. Staram sie przykluc najpierw uwage do pieciu pozytywnych szczegolow dotyczacych grania, a dopiero pozniej zwrocic uwage na cos, co wymaga poprawy i pracy.

W zeszlym roku spedzilismy czesc naszych wakacji na Rodzinnym Obozie Suzuki. Bylo wspaniale. Ale o tym nastepnym razem. Do uslyszenia ...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: